Syd (ney B.) Saperstein is a Scottsdale resident and Congregation Beth Israel member since 2013. Currently, a retired Commercial banker, Syd turned a long-time hobby of collecting writing instruments into a pen manufacturing company with representatives in 12 countries and 10 states under the 105 year-old WAHL-EVERSHARP trademark. Syd attended Franklin and Marshall College (Lancaster, PA) and Emory University School of Law (Atlanta/Decatur, GA). Syd is married to Judi (52 years) with 2 grown children and 5 grandchildren. His hobbies include: vintage cars, vintage fountain pens, playing piano and guitar, golf.
Prior to 2013, Syd was Senior Vice President of Comerica Bank, one of the nation’s 20 largest banking institutions with major offices in California, Michigan, Texas and Arizona. He was the managing senior officer of 3 of Comerica’s national divisions headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Dallas and Detroit, and was responsible for all aspects from strategic planning, marketing and sales to bottom line profitability. Prior employment in the Banking industry included positions with Citizens and Southern National Bank (Atlanta, GA), The Arizona Bank (Phoenix, AZ Now Bank of America), The American Bank of Commerce/American Bank (Phoenix, AZ), Imperial Bank and Comerica Bank (San Francisco, CA). During his career, Syd’s experience included Commercial Lending, Commercial Loan Supervision, Trust, Merchant Card Services, Branch Management, and Sales and other earning-asset positions.
- Treasurer and Director Safari Drive Home Owners Assn (present)
- President and Director The Reutlinger Community for Jewish Living (Danville,
CA – 160 bed Assisted Living, Dementia and Skilled Nursing facility. 1999-2013)
- Treasurer and Director Beth Chaim Congregation (Danville, CA) 2008-2011
- President Rotary Club of Oakland (400 member Rotary Club #3 2000-2011)
- Treasurer and Director the Roundhill Homeowners Assn 2010-2013
- Treasurer and Board member Navy League of the United States SF Council