Congregation Beth Israel is a diverse, inclusive, and warm Reform Jewish congregation that welcomes all members with a wide range of learning, social action, cultural, spiritual and worship opportunities.
Are you thinking about visiting CBI for the first time? Great! We’d love to meet you. Shabbat Services are a good place to start. Join us every Friday night or on Saturday mornings. See our calendar for a complete listing of services, events and programs.
Ready to become part of the family? To become a member, please complete our New Member Application and contact us at 480.951.0323 to schedule an appointment. If you’re interested in dues relief, please complete the Membership Contribution Relief Form.
Benefits of Membership
- -Registration in Chanen Preschool and Religious School (tuition rates apply)
- -Participation in our b’nei mitzvah program (additional fees apply)
- -Access to pulpit clergy for pastoral care and life cycle events
- -Placing loved ones’ names in the annual Memory Book (additional fees apply)
- -Invitation to participate in members-only trips, such as the tour of Israel with our clergy
- -High Holy Days tickets to member services for all adults listed on the account in good standing and for their children; members may purchase additional guest tickets for close family members
- -Room rentals of CBI facilities for life cycles, parties, and other events, including weddings in the Sanctuary and baby naming during Shabbat worship (fees apply)
- -Invitation to purchase cemetery plots in the Congregation Beth Israel Cemetery
- -Use of the Mikveh, No fees apply
*Prices effective July 1 **All memberships require an additional $300/year Security fee.
Standard Membership outside of any of the following categories would be at the current regular yearly minimum membership contribution level of $2,500 with a $3, 000 Building Fund obligation payable over a few years.
Maimonides Society: As a member of the Maimonides Society, your leadership gift will distinguish you as achieving the highest level of tzedakah in caring for all those who seek a Jewish spiritual home at Congregation Beth Israel. See Maimonides page
Single: (with or without children):
This membership contribution level would only be available to a membership unit consisting of a single adult, with or without children, up to age 35 as of July 1st (the first day of CBI’s fiscal year) and would be available through June 30th, (the last day of CBI’s fiscal year) during which the adult member attains age 35. There would be no Building Fund obligation. Membership at this level would be entitled to all CBI membership privileges. The membership contribution amount in this category of membership level would be as follows:
Up to Age 30: $180
Age 31-35: $500
Young Family: (Two Adults, with or without children):
This membership contribution level would only be available to a membership unit whose older spouse has not yet reached age 35 as of July 1st (the first day of CBI’s fiscal year) and would be available through June 30th (the last day of CBI’s fiscal year) during which the older spouse attains age 35. There would be no Building Fund obligation. Membership at this level would be entitled to all CBI membership privileges. The membership contribution amount in this level of membership would be as follows:
Up to Age 30: $500
Age 31 through 35: $750
Seasonal Membership would only be available to a membership unit that is a full dues paying member of another congregation which is the member’s primary affiliation. Primary affiliation will be verified. The Seasonal Membership contribution level is $1,250. There will be no Building Fund obligation. Membership at this level would be entitled to all CBI membership privileges. *Proof of other membership required.