Congregation Beth Israel is a diverse, inclusive, and warm Reform Jewish congregation that welcomes all members with a wide range of learning, social action, cultural, spiritual and worship opportunities. Our Clergy and Staff are available to our members providing their insightful perspectives, unique talents, and honed skills to assist the constantly changing needs of our congregants.
We encourage every new member to participate in our wonderful programs as a way to form connections with others who have similar interests. Our youth programs create opportunities for children to meet others in their age group.
Of particular interest to parents are our preschool, religious school, and Camp Stein. We encourage you to explore the website to learn about these and our many other offerings.
Congregation Beth Israel will not turn anyone away for financial reasons. If being a member of our holy community is a priority, we will work with you.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To become a member, please complete our New Member Application and contact us at 480.951.0323 to schedule an appointment.
Benefits of Membership
- -Registration in Chanen Preschool and Religious School (tuition rates apply)
- -Participation in our b’nei mitzvah program (additional fees apply)
- -Access to pulpit clergy for pastoral care and life cycle events
- -Placing loved ones’ names in the annual Memory Book (additional fees apply)
- -Invitation to participate in members-only trips, such as the tour of Israel with our clergy
- -High Holy Days tickets to member services for all adults listed on the account in good standing and for their children; members may purchase additional guest tickets for close family members
- -Room rentals of CBI facilities for life cycles, parties, and other events, including weddings in the Sanctuary and baby naming during Shabbat worship (fees apply)
- -Invitation to purchase cemetery plots in the Congregation Beth Israel Cemetery
- -Use of the Mikveh, No fees apply
Standard Membership outside of any of the following categories would be at the current regular yearly minimum membership contribution level of $2,350 with a $3, 000 Building Fund obligation payable over a few years.
Maimonides Society: As a member of the Maimonides Society, your leadership gift will distinguish you as achieving the highest level of tzedakah in caring for all those who seek a Jewish spiritual home at Congregation Beth Israel. See Maimonides page
Single (with or without children):
This membership contribution level would only be available to a membership unit consisting of a single adult, with or without children, who has not yet reached age 35 as of July 1st (the first day of CBI’s fiscal year) and would be available through June 30th, (the last day of CBI’s fiscal year) during which the adult member attains age 35. There would be no Building Fund obligation. Membership at this level would be entitled to all CBI membership privileges. The membership contribution amount in this category of membership level would be as follows:
Up to Age 30: $190
Age 31-35: $565
Young Family (Two Adults, with or without children):
This membership contribution level would only be available to a membership unit whose older spouse has not yet reached age 35 as of July 1st (the first day of CBI’s fiscal year) and would be available through June 30th (the last day of CBI’s fiscal year) during which the older spouse attains age 35. There would be no Building Fund obligation. Membership at this level would be entitled to all CBI membership privileges. The membership contribution amount in this level of membership would be as follows:
Up to Age 30: $375
Age 31 through 35: $940
Seasonal Membership would only be available to a membership unit that is a full dues paying member of another congregation which is the member’s primary affiliation. Primary affiliation will be verified. The Seasonal Membership contribution level is $1,175. There will be no Building Fund obligation. Membership at this level would be entitled to all CBI membership privileges.